Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pita Party!! :)




Arent these beautiful? It's so much fun and so easy to make them! It reminds me of when we were in Israel, shopping in the open market where this one bakery had a pita shoot that was spitting out pita's faster than the guys at the other end could bag them up! The smells were amazing.....but I have to say, as far as taste goes..well, everyone knows that homemade always tastes better!! :)
This time I used 100% whole wheat flour entirely, and the taste is far superior to my first batch. I was following the recipe the first time and it called for 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 unbleached. I may experiment by adding sprouted wheat berries the next time.
This morning I felt a bit lethargic after being up a little while, and I was so tempted to have a cup of coffee....which is not part of my usual routine right now. So I was considering, should I give in and have coffee, or should I resist and drink a glass of water? My conclusion was this: as long as it is a controled decision, either way is ok. If I decide that today it is ok to have coffee, and tomorrow it is not ok...no matter how I feel....then it's fine. When we are being controled by this, that, or the other, then we are left without any choices, and the decision making process is taken away. Then we are in trouble. So, today, I chose to drink .....a glass of water :) I will save the coffee for Saturday!

No comments: